One of our customers a supplier of women’s fashion wear is looking for a Junior Pattern Working Technologist alongside their head designer.
- Digitising patterns.
- Grading base size through to all other sizes to produce accurate set of patterns on the CAD system or where appropriate by hand.
- Creating initial designs to build a new range.
- Working on designing and creating the initial patterns either by hand or using creative software for new concept samples.
- Manual Pattern Cutting
- Perfecting patterns and fit of base size product
- Creating and updating Factory Specifications
- Working with Vetigraph/Lectra (or similar) Pattern Cutting Software
- Ensure all information is accurate and produced in a timely manner to critical path dates.
- Managing all sealing samples from the factory.
- Generating technical information for each style
- Fabric Specs
- Manufacturing specs
- Measurement specs
- Communicate with the factory to resolve any pre-production problems.
- Creating cost packs for new ranges
- Work closely with sample machinists to create commercial samples.
- Good digitised grading experience.
- Competent pattern cutter skills.
- Understanding of fit and garment construction.
- Understand the production process thoroughly.
- Experience working with stretch fabrics.
- Highly competent IT skills, familiarity with other systems would be advantageous, including design CAD software.
- Experience in a creative role and working to a design brief.
Pay to be discussed on interview and training provided. Please submit your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for the role.