Senior Garment Technologist (Womenswear)
We are looking for an experienced Garment Technologist to join our company ASAP. This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy, ambitious and forward-thinking SME in the manufacturing/fashion sector. The role is varied, and you will be responsible for managing the sealing process for our brand.
You will need to have attention to detail, be able to work on your own initiative and must have been in a similar role previously, with a knowledge of patterns. The ideal candidate must be an accurate, organised and flexible individual who is able to work proactively and must be able to prioritise their own workload and time management, whilst working in a fast-paced office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the designers to ensure full visibility of product at the initial stage
- Managing the sealing process from proto, through SMS to production, tracking the samples
- Ensuring all styles are fitted and sealed in line with critical dates as well as meeting the high standard of technical specifications for the Brand
- Overseeing and checking measurements to ensure the company’s sizing policy is maintained and consistent across product categories and that garments are manufactured within tolerances
- Leading and organising all fitting sessions, accurately completing measurement charts and factory communication
- Working with the fabric co-ordinator on any fabric changes and suitability for purpose
- Trim’s submissions and approvals
- Working very closely with Design turning CADs into Technical Specs to deliver the product aesthetic, with the best manufacturing methods, in line with the brand identity
- Liaising with overseas manufacturers and suppliers in the Far East, Europe and China.
- Tracking and monitoring sample delivery progress and PP samples in line with the critical path
- Reporting and highlighting any issues or potential issues to achieve good QC for production so that garments wear and wash well
- Ensuring that any follow-up action is taken. Identifying where any changes can be made to improve garments
- To drive for continuous improvement, setting standards and systems for both brands