Gossamer Productions Ltd is a forward-thinking fashion manufacturer based in Leicester. The company’s out of the box thinking enables us to demonstrate our capacity to create fantastic developments and manage large repeat orders.
Our strong ethics in a modern factory have been rewarded with some satisfying numbers from the biggest online retailers.
We hold a high reputation and are recognised for meeting clients’ most important requirements with quality and rapid turnaround times.
With a workforce of 50 staff dedicated to design, admin, logistics, bookings and compliance, we thrive on our ability to complete and deliver well within deadlines.
WHY WE ARE RECRUITING:
Gossamer Productions has grown exponentially in the past two years and seek to expand our team.
To achieve this, we are looking to fill the following vacancy:
Head Designer / Pattern Cutter (F/T)
Competitive dependant on experience
- Manual and Digital pattern cutting (Vetigraph or other CAD)
- Work as a team with our current head of department
- An expert in forecasting fashion trends
- Must be able to streamline processes and have the ability to spot any processes which have room for improvement
- Must be knowledgeable in the process of setting up a new development, naming garments, sample tracking, workbooks etc
- Should know how to make a new development from scratch with an annual plan in place for where the product will move on to and when (in terms of colours, shapes, seasonal fabric changes etc)
- Creating trend boards
- Taking idea from concept, creating initial specifications through to production of initial samples using CAD skills
- Managing critical path
- Can work with various different tasks in a short space of time
- Creative thinking
- Flexible working hours at peak times of the year
- Good communication skills
- Clean driver’s license
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org