Please note, all courses are subject to VAT at 20%.
- This event has passed.
Digital Pattern Cutting Course – Beginners 7th -8th June
June 7 @ 9:30 am - June 8 @ 4:30 pm£144
The course has been created for complete beginners; this 2-day intensive course is a combined course for digital pattern cutting. We are confident you will have learnt the basic principles. We always suggest that the user practises their new skills, we offer a free service Drop-in Friday’s for all individuals who have previously been on one of our courses and welcome learner’s to come and use the Fashion Forward Centre’s facilities.
** £144 + VAT **
The course includes a digital pattern cutting manual. Each individual is able to take these away to use to practice at a later stage.
Each course manual originally RRP £20+ VAT.
Digital Pattern Cutting
- Understand the modules and icons of VetiGraph.
- Understand how and where to measure the body.
- Understand pattern terminology.
- Learn about the sampling process.
- Learn about positive and negative ease.
- Create a woven bodice and dress block.
- Create a digital pattern from a technical or working drawing.
- Learn about different types of seams and seam allowance.
- Make fit amendments to the pattern.
- Choose a design and create the pattern using tools learnt throughout the course.