Pay: Depends on experience
Start Date: May 2021 (role would be for a minimum of 6 months)
We are a UK market leader in the niche markets of dancewear and gymnastics clothing, and an opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join our busy design team at our North Manchester office. You will provide maternity cover for our Pattern Technologist, as well as assisting and learning from our designer.
Working alongside our head designer, you will be able to combine your technical cutting skills with your creative flair in a dynamic but friendly and supportive environment.
- Digitising patterns.
- Drafting patterns from initial designs and samples, grading base size through to all other sizes to produce accurate set of patterns on Vetigraph systems.
- Creating initial designs to build a new range.
- Perfecting patterns and fit.
- Creating and updating Factory Specifications
- Ensure all information is accurate and produced in a timely manner to critical path dates.
- Managing all sealing samples from the factory.
- Generating technical information for each style
- Fabric specs
- Manufacturing specs
- Measurement specs
- Communicate with the factory to resolve any pre-production problems.
- Creating cost packs for new ranges
- Work closely with sample machinists to create commercial samples.
- Organising the design room critical path and ensuring machinists have all the relevant information for orders.
- Digitised grading experience. Experience with Vetigraph systems would be an advantage but having worked on any systems such as Lectra or Gerber would also be acceptable.
- Competent pattern cutter skills.
- Understanding of fit and garment construction.
- Understand the production process thoroughly.
- Experience working with stretch fabrics.
- Highly competent IT skills, familiarity with other systems would be advantageous, including design CAD software such as adobe illustrator.
- Garment design experience would be beneficial.
- Good organisational and admin skills.
Please submit your CV please email email@example.com with a covering letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for the role.