Creative Pattern Technologist
One of our customers a UK market leader in the niche markets of dancewear and gymnastics clothing and an opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join their busy design team at North Manchester office. Working alongside their head designer, you will be able to combine your technical pattern cutting skills with your creative flair in a dynamic but friendly and supportive environment.
- Digitising patterns.
- Grading base size through to all other sizes to produce accurate set of patterns on the CAD system or where appropriate by hand.
- Creating initial designs to build a new range.
- Working on designing and creating the initial patterns either by hand or using creative software for new concept samples.
- Manual Pattern Cutting
- Perfecting patterns and fit of base size product
- Creating and updating Factory Specifications
- Working with Vetigraph/Lectra (or similar) Pattern Cutting Software
- Ensure all information is accurate and produced in a timely manner to critical path dates.
- Managing all sealing samples from the factory.
- Generating technical information for each style
- Fabric Specs
- Manufacturing specs
- Measurement specs
- Communicate with the factory to resolve any pre-production problems.
- Creating cost packs for new ranges
- Work closely with sample machinists to create commercial samples.
- Good digitised grading experience.
- Competent pattern cutter skills.
- Understanding of fit and garment construction.
- Understand the production process thoroughly.
- Experience working with stretch fabrics.
- Highly competent IT skills, familiarity with other systems would be advantageous, including design CAD software.
- Experience in a creative role and working to a design brief.
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for the role.