- This event has passed.
5-day Intensive VetiGraph course – Promotional Offer – COURSE FULL
March 2 @ 9:30 am - March 6 @ 4:30 pm£270
THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL
We have organised another week intensive course on the 23rd-27th of March.
The course has been created for complete beginners; this 5-day intensive course is a combined course for digital pattern cutting, digital grading & marker making. We are confident you will have learnt the basic principles of all three subjects. We always suggest that the user practises their new skills, we offer a free service ?Drop-in Friday?s? for all individuals who have previously been on one of our courses and welcome learner?s to come and use the Fashion Forward Centre?s facilities.
Was ?450 now ?270 ( INC VAT)
Day One & Day Two – Digital Pattern Cutting?
- Understand the modules and icons of VetiGraph.
- Understand how and where to measure the body.
- Understand pattern terminology.
- Learn about the sampling process.
- Learn about positive and negative ease.
- Create a woven bodice and dress block.
- Create a digital pattern from a technical or working drawing.
- Learn about different types of seams and seam allowance.
- Make fit amendments to the pattern.
- Choose a design and create the pattern using tools learnt throughout the course.
Day Three, Four & Five – Digital Grading?
1. Understand the principle of grading.
2. Understand pattern terminology.
3. Analyse a working drawing.
4. Understand how to read size charts, WTM?s and interpret grade rules.
5. Manually grade a bodice block up and down one size.
6. Understand the modules and icons of VetiGraph.
7. Observe a demonstration of the Photo Digitiser software.
8. Digitally adjust patterns ready for grading.
9. Understand the X and Y-axis.
10. Digitally grade a bodice block.
11. Add different values of the seam allowance to a pattern.
12. Digitally grade a dress with pleats, button stand and neckbands.
13. How to apply a dummy grade.
14. How to create a marker (lay plan).