Our training centre based in the East Midlands
Our training centre based in the Midlands We offer a comprehensive set of fashion courses and workshops from our training centre based in the heart of Leicester in the East Midlands.
5-day Intensive VetiGraph course – Promotional Offer
2 March @ 9:30 am - 6 March @ 4:30 pm£270
The course has been created for complete beginners; this 5-day intensive course is a combined course for digital pattern cutting, digital grading & marker making. We are confident you will have learnt the basic principles of all three subjects. We always suggest that the user practises their new skills, we offer a free service ‘Drop-in Friday’s’ for all individuals who have previously been on one of our courses and welcome learner’s to come and use the Fashion Forward Centre’s facilities.
Was £450 now £270 ( INC VAT)
Day One & Day Two – Digital Pattern Cutting
- Understand the modules and icons of VetiGraph.
- Understand how and where to measure the body.
- Understand pattern terminology.
- Learn about the sampling process.
- Learn about positive and negative ease.
- Create a woven bodice and dress block.
- Create a digital pattern from a technical or working drawing.
- Learn about different types of seams and seam allowance.
- Make fit amendments to the pattern.
- Choose a design and create the pattern using tools learnt throughout the course.
Day Three, Four & Five – Digital Grading
1. Understand the principle of grading.
2. Understand pattern terminology.
3. Analyse a working drawing.
4. Understand how to read size charts, WTM’s and interpret grade rules.
5. Manually grade a bodice block up and down one size.
6. Understand the modules and icons of VetiGraph.
7. Observe a demonstration of the Photo Digitiser software.
8. Digitally adjust patterns ready for grading.
9. Understand the X and Y-axis.
10. Digitally grade a bodice block.
11. Add different values of the seam allowance to a pattern.
12. Digitally grade a dress with pleats, button stand and neckbands.
13. How to apply a dummy grade.
14. How to create a marker (lay plan).