Our training centre based in the East Midlands
Our training centre based in the Midlands We offer a comprehensive set of fashion courses and workshops from our training centre based in the heart of Leicester in the East Midlands.
Digital Grading – Beginners (3 days)
9 March - 11 March£270
The Digital Grading Beginners Course is perfect for those who understand the basics of manual grading or for individuals who have little or no experience of grading.
£270 inc VAT
The course has been created for complete beginners; we are confident you will have learnt the basic principles of grading and gained an understanding of grading is used in industry. We always suggest that the user practises their new skills, we offer a free service ‘Drop-in Friday’s’ for all individuals who have previously been on one of our courses and welcome learner’s to come and use the Fashion Forward Centre’s facilities.
All course manuals are printed for the indivdual to take away with them.
1. Understand the principle of grading.
2. Understand pattern terminology.
3. Analyse a working drawing.
4. Understand how to read size charts, WTM’s and interpret grade rules.
5. Manually grade a bodice block up and down one size.
6. Understand the modules and icons of VetiGraph.
7. Observe a demonstration of the Photo Digitiser software.
8. Digitally adjust patterns ready for grading.
9. Understand the X and Y-axis.
10. Digitally grade a bodice block.
11. Add different values of seam allowance to a pattern.
12. Digitally grade a dress with pleats, button stand and neckbands.
13. How to apply a dummy grade.
14. How to create a marker (lay plan).